Thank you to all who applied for this position; applications are now closed.
Change your view
Simon Everett, Ltd., is seeking to hire an Associate to lead and support project delivery, client & program management, and business development efforts across a range of public and private sector domains. The work location is Arlington, VA; we will also consider candidates who prefer to be based in New York, NY.
The ideal candidate
- You have 5-10 years of consulting experience and you’ve built up the skills, toolbox, and confidence to take on a wide variety of challenges…but you’re not in the right place for growth, creativity, and quality of life.
- You possess the intellectual agility to apply your consulting skills and techniques across a broad range of content areas such as economic development, security and defense, strategic communications, cybersecurity, and international affairs. You may have a specialty, but you’re not seeking to specialize.
- You are an excellent team player – you can shine when it’s needed and support when it counts. You’re equally effective being front and center before a client or providing critical contributions behind the scenes.
- You have a keen eye for design and possess a high standard for what a client-ready deliverable looks like.
- You’re down with our values.
What's so great about this job?
You’ll put your consulting experience to good use across a variety of client types and business challenges – without the typical 60-hour consultant work week. You’ll work with interdisciplinary teams to diagnose strategic and organizational challenges, develop and implement tailored project plans and activities, and create custom deliverables that make an impact. You’ll be part of a proven team that is talented, dynamic, and fun. You’ll have the runway, guidance, and support for meaningful professional growth. Plus, our diversified client list and business model means you’ll be exposed to a wide range of content areas, enabling you to broaden your skill set and expertise.
You’ll be directly responsible for:
- Facilitating client-facing workshops and delivering presentations; leading and supporting the conduct of research and analysis; conducting stakeholder outreach and distilling key insights; developing structured approaches to address complex challenges; and effectively communicating findings and recommendations
- Producing and reviewing written reports and presentations
- Managing projects, client and consultant relationships, and internal initiatives; developing project plans and schedules, managing team performance, and coordinating between team and clients
- Contributing to the development and production of white papers, proposals, and presentations in support of business development activities
- Conducting research and analysis to inform new pursuits and internal capability development initiatives
- Developing corporate social media content
In order to successfully perform core tasks, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Management consulting experience of 5-10 years, specifically including the development and application of strategies, frameworks, and tactics for addressing organizational challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; while all our deliverables will ideally receive peer reviews, yours shouldn’t require it
- Strong research and analysis skills, an aptitude for problem solving, and the ability to develop and implement action plans
- Expert ability to create structure from chaos by identifying discrete needs, challenges, and priorities; identifying targeted activities and deliverables; and developing custom project plans and schedules
- Impressive interpersonal skills, including the ability to comfortably lead a wide variety of groups and individuals in the conduct of meetings and activities, and to be an excellent team player with colleagues and partners
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Initiative; we’ll need you to identify additional tasks and priorities and solve problems we don’t even know exist
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally within the US
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, ideally in a relevant field such as business administration, management, economic development, organizational development, international relations, or marketing.
How to inquire
We will be accepting applications until Friday, 20 July 2018. The successful applicant must be prepared to start as early as August 2018.
About Simon Everett
Simon Everett helps organizations make better decisions through tailored research & analysis and strategic planning engagements. Like any company worth its salt, we bring to bear the expertise our clients need – but it’s how we apply that expertise that sets us apart. Our hallmarks include creative and structured project design, sound analytic techniques, interdisciplinary insights, and clear, compelling deliverables. Because we help government, private sector, and non-profit clients across a wide range of functional domains, we also enable them to benefit from lessons learned and best practices outside of their periphery.
Simon Everett is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment or consulting opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.